Peace Revolution Fellowship for Educators
Because the future lies in the hands of today's younger generations, teaching is the most important profession in shaping the course of the world. Good teachers can help students develop academically and professionally, but only great teachers can inspire them to effect positive changes in the world. Good teachers can guide their students in building great technological advances, but only great teachers can ensure that such advances are being used for good. Students’ development of practical knowledge must go hand-in-hand with their development of ethical standards.
The fellowship includes:
- partial sponsoring of airfare,
- free accommodation,
- free catering,
- free local transportation,
- free meditation retreat fee.
We at Peace Revolution believe that such ethical standard come naturally to those with clarity of mind, and such clarity of mind arises from stillness within. That’s why our concept of “World Peace Through Inner Peace” was formed, and it is very much applicable to the development of ethical standards for younger generations.
How? You can see for yourself at the Peace Revolution Fellowship Program for Educators.
During this fellowship, participants will learn basic meditation techniques to develop their clarity of mind. You will then get to explore the link between clarity of mind and the development of ethical standards.
Participants will also contribute through discussions on how to promote and incorporate such standards in the education of young adults.
Peace Revolution is a project that aims to provide a new paradigm-shift on the peace building process by means of the Inner Peace Time (IPT) and engaging young peace activists through online social media. Our IPT method is designed for all people, regardless of nationality, race, or religion. It is a universal tool in dealing with problems ranging from stress, depression, family issues, to global crises at large. Presently, Peace Revolution has about 2,000 young participants online from 140 countries around the world. There are 61 active Peace Agents aged 18-30 from 36 countries who have attended one of the three Peace Revolution workshops, conferences and training camps held during 2009-2010.
The Peace Revolution Fellowship covers the costs related to accommodation, food and local transport during participants’ two-week stay in Thailand. There may also be limited support for air travel for applicants with limited financial resources; however, Peace Revolution cannot pay for participants’ visas, health or travel insurance.
- You are an educator (of any age) who teaches high school seniors, college or university students, or young adults between 18-30 years old.
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You are open to new culture and easily adapt to new environments.
- Candidates should upload their resumes/curriculum vitae and recent photos (a frontal view) by 30 April 2011.
- After submitting the CV, candidates should begin their online self-development.
- After you have completed at least 7 days of the self-development program, the selection committee will make an appointment for a phone or skype video interview.
It’s time to revolutionize yourself and make a positive transformation for others and the society, especially through the use of inner peace education. The World is changing and the Revolution is now.